Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Please contact SERVPRO of Bedford, Lincoln, Marshall & Moore Counties with your residential or commercial water damage, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, accidents do not necessarily happen during business hours. We have been in Shelbyville, TN for 6 years and the owner has been with SERVPRO for 14 years. With our experience and knowledge, let us handle the stress of the water damage and we will keep you informed with all the steps of what to expect, including talking to your insurance company. We will keep you updated on the drying and explain all the "what's next" concerns. Let us help you get back to "Like it never even happened." again.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (931) 684-9467
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.